That’s right, County Cricket Clubs across the country are coming together to help raise £108,000 to fund two new Macmillan nurses. Plus … be in the running to win a selection of fantastic prizes for cricket fans:
A private dinner for 10 with former England Captain, David Gower; Test, ODI and T20 tickets; signed bats & merchandise; 1:1 coaching session with Gloucestershire First-XI Coach, Richard Dawson!
This summer, nine of the first class County Clubs are coming together to support the Macmillan Way Challenge – an epic, 297-mile walk, coast-to-coast along the Macmillan Way in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
Fundraisers, led by lifelong cricket fan, Rob Bryan (front cover picture), who lost his Mum to cancer, will be walking from Boston in Lincolnshire to Abbotsbury on the Dorset coast, over 23 days, between 1st – 29th July. More than 200 people will be joining Rob for a leg of the walk – the most people to have attempted the Macmillan Way Challenge at any one time.
During the walk, Rob will visit many local cricket grounds. As such, nine County Cricket Clubs around the country have joined forces to support the endeavour through various fundraising activities, including donating one-off prizes for a silent auction in aid of the charity. Place your highest bids now* at firstname.lastname@example.org for your chance to win:
- A private dinner for 10 in a Good Food Guide recognised London restaurant with former England Captain, David Gower (reserve price: £2,500)
- 1:1 coaching session with Gloucestershire First-X1 Coach and former England player, Richard Dawson
- Friday 21 July: 4 tickets to Worcestershire v Lancashire Nat West T20 Blast at New Road
- Sunday 23 July: 4 tickets to Somerset v Middlesex Nat West T20 Blast at the Cooper Associates County Ground
- Sunday 6 August: 2 tickets for 3rd day of England v South Africa Test Match at Old Trafford
- Friday 18 August: 4 tickets for Lancashire v Birmingham Bears T20 Blast at Old Trafford
- Saturday 2 September: 2 tickets with hospitality in Warwickshire CCC’s Experience Club at Nat West T20 Finals Day at Edgbaston and shirt signed by winning team
- Thursday 21 September: 2 tickets for England v West Indies One Day International at Trent Bridge
- Sunday 24 September: 2 tickets for England v West Indies One Day International at Bristol
- Worcestershire CCC bat signed by the team
- Yorkshire CCC bat signed by the team, including England Test Captain, Joe Root
- Lancashire CCC signed shirt
- and for Rugby Fans too – a Northampton Saints RFC shirt signed by the team, including Dylan Hartley, Courtney Lawes and George North
*All bids to be received by 1st August, with the exception of tickets for Worcs v Lancs, Somerset v Middlesex, which must be received at least 7 days prior to date of match. Please state your name, email address, contact telephone number, address, lot number and value of bid. Visit http://www.macmillanwalk.uk/silent-auction/ for more information and to place your bids.
Rob Bryan says: “Macmillan nurses made a profound difference to the way my mum and family experienced cancer. Their gentle reassurance and compassion made an incredibly tough journey that bit more manageable. But the costs associated with employing and training new nurses are considerable. I hope that by raising the £108,000 needed to fund two new positions, we would make a huge positive difference to a family like mine.”
Macmillan nurses help nearly 600,000 people living with cancer and their families receive essential medical, practical and emotional support each year, but the NHS does not contribute to their cost during a nurse’s first year of employment. All proceeds raised from the Macmillan Way Challenge and Silent Auction will go towards funding the training and employment of two new Macmillan nurses, each for a year. Make a difference, donate today:
Help Rob reach the £108,000 target by donating at www.macmillanwalk.uk. Or, text BPEWALK to 70550 to donate £5*.